-
March 19th, 2001, 01:25 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Terry--
It's looking like I'll be heading to the Pittsburgh Con to see you. I saw in a post a little while back that you'll do commissioned sketches for a price. Is that based on size, complexity, etc.? I was thinking of a sketch with Katchoo and Willow together, as they're my 2 favorite characters, and since you've drawn them both, it seemed a natural. Is it possible for you to give an approximate idea as to cost, so I can budget accordingly?
Thanks--
Rory
-
March 20th, 2001, 02:57 AM
#2
Inactive Member
A commisioned sketch costs $1 Million dollars but a convention sketch is free, the only catch being you have to stand there and wait for it to keep me company and tell me about yourself - I like to know who my readers are. I get antsy if pressured to sketch more than one character - it takes longer and I tend to do it only if there is no line of people waiting or you bring me a present I like. Yes, I am easily corrupted. You also have a better chance if you catch me early in my signing stint - after a few hours of cranking out sketches I get a bad case of the "What the hell am I - a Xerox machine?!" and tend to wander off in search of a cola with crushed ice refusing to draw anything but my polar bear.
Everything I said sounds flip but it's true. Obviously my commisioned sketches are rare.
-
March 20th, 2001, 01:48 PM
#3
Inactive Member
$1 Million, eh? Fair enough.
I was planning to get there early anyway, so this motivates me to keep to that plan. Do you expect to be there when the con opens, Friday at 2pm?
I won't pressure you to do anything with which you're uncomfortable, but I was wondering; with what might you be bribed? Food? Music? (Personally, I think Katchoo would love Throwing Muses, but you'd know her better than I. I have access to all kinds of music, so if that's the way to go, just let me know what you're looking for.) Comics? Other books? Signed editions? Hints are what I seek. I worked in a record store for a while, so I'm comfortable with a barter economy. In other words, I'd be happy to do some legwork to give you a present which would in turn make you more amenable to my request. And, believe me, if you want me to talk about me, I'll be happy to oblige.
Sorry to be a pest, but I hear the Pittsburgh con is a good one for creators and fans to mix, and your name on the guest list is what tipped me into the decision to come.
Thanks for your time.-R.
[This message has been edited by rbookman (edited March 20, 2001).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks